Friday, February 24, 2012

Akribos XXIV Men AK406YG Davinci Mechanical Gold Round Watch for sale

Akribos XXIV Men AK406YG Davinci Mechanical Gold Round Watch for sale
Easily my most complimented time piece. It really is accurate, well-made and truly an attention getter. Leading and back crystals are high quality synthetic, keeping the purchase price affordable. It's remarkably clear and perfectly polished. I fear that regular wear and incidental damage may eventually scratch the crystal, and i am not sure towards the option of replacements. Just like any true skeleton watch should be, this bad boy is usually a hand winder, along with the "ticking" is not too loud for anyone unaccustomed to such a thing.

My only complaint is usually that the manufacturer thought i would pair this lovely watch that has a band more closely resembles cured roadkill than leather. Really, this guitar rock band is ugly as hell. Fortunately, it is just a standard size, and my local watch-shop surely could make change to something right for this watch.

Its an excellent watch, looks fantastic for the wrist, and is also very affordable with the wow factor it brings. Great work Akribos.

UPDATE:

I'm crushed. After loving this watch out for 6 months, it took its first serious impact because it slipped from my hands above the bathroom sink and fell about 9", striking the sink face first. Appearantly, this impact was in excess of the crystal and delicate internals had the ability to withstand, and now there exists a faint scratch inside the crystal and yes it only runs in a face-down position. Unfortunately, operation face-down does me no good when it comes to telling time. I can only assume that you from the gears was bent positively slightly about spark a binding when in a face-up position, preventing it from working. I took it to local watch fix-it shop, and was basically told to "bugger off." They don't touch the Chinese mechanism that has a 10' pole. Gonna consider using a couple more shops, but I do not believe I'll ever have the capacity to put it on again as a functional time-piece.

I still love this watch, but wish it was somewhat more tolerant of impact. I've had more costly watches move through far worse compared to a 9" drop and still work. I'd to relieve my rating from 5 stars to 4, due to the fact it is so fragile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment